Monday, April 14, 2008

NO! Your Roots...(know your roots)

So...i was down at the local bodega today buying some coffee and overpriced energy drinks (which really dont do anything for me, i suppose i just like the taste) and talking shop with my buddy Kenji about my future trip to Japan and the possibility of him joining me and showing me the sites but our conversation was cut short due to a phone call so I left. On my way out of the store, there were these 2 kids talking about music, punk music inparticular. I missed most of the conversation but I did hear one of the kids say "hell yes I like punk, i love good charlotte".

I thought i was gonna puke. I had to intervene and let these retards know what punk is. I proceded to tell them about the Ramones, the Misfits, Sex Pistols and NOFX and how without these bands, there would be no such thing as punk rock. They looked at me with a blank stare and told me that they had never heard of these bands.

How can this be? Never hearing of the Ramones or the Misfits...never hearing Blitzkrieg Bop or Teenagers from Mars? Blasphemy. One of these little bastards mentioned the retard canadian band Simple Plan which is when i proceded to walk away before i did something i regret like throwing both kids under a city bus.

Simple Plan and Good Charlotte mentioned in the same sentence as the word Punk...what the hell is this world coming to?

No comments: