Wednesday, April 9, 2008

finally...

april 9th, 2008.

after years of reading other peoples observations, rants, thoughts and insights, I figured I would join the game.

The blogosphere. Its a pretty wierd place. Very crowded. Everyone sharing thier opinions, forcing them onto others. I hate when someone ridicules others for not agreeing with thier opinion.

anyway, this blog will not be about me bitching about anything unless its absolutly warrented.

As for the title of the blog, those 3 things are what i draw my creativity/imagination from the most. I love comic books, especially those done by Rob Liefeld, Frank Miller Jim Lee and Karl Altstaetter. These men are masters at what they do. More on this later.

Japan. Ive been obsessed with Japan and the Japanese culture for as long as I can remember. I did reports on Japan, Pearl Harbor, the Samurai...you name it...all in grade school. The food, the culture, the art, the trains, the 16th century and the 21st century existing at the same time. The works of Kojima, Kurasawa, Otomo, Shriow, Oshii...they have all helped me become who i am.

I eat sushi more than any other food. I dont know if you have ever felt like you were meant to be someplace or felt like something was calling you...I have. Japan is calling me and has been for 20 years. I dont feel right not being there...its like im incomplete.

Rain.

Its beautiful. Pure and Simple. The feel of rain, the smell of it...its just beautiful. The feeling outside right before it rains, during and after. The only other thing that is weather based that i like as much as Rain is snow...but thats another blog. Most people run for cover when they are caught in a rainstorm however I head for open areas where i can be rained on. I head for shelter on clear, hot summer days. I hate summer, with a passion. Summer rain makes the season bearable.

Rain on a cold autumn night. There is nothing better than sitting with a cup of coffee, a plate of sushi, some comic books, your ipod and watching and listing to the rain.

Read me if you want. Ignore me if you want.

more to come.

No comments: