Tuesday, April 29, 2008

48 weeks...

one week has passed, only 48 more to go until i leave for Japan. So far, my plan of watching a movie every Tuesday and reading some travel books every Wednesday seems to be working.

Last Tuesday I watched the animated classic from 1986...The Transformers. I was 10 when this movie came out and I remember my dad taking me to see it. It was great. The Transformers is without a doubt the greatest cartoon ever made.

I'm 30 and i still get teary when Optimus Prime dies.

Its all good though...he comes back in the regular season. Hot Rod just wasn't fit to lead the autobots and the Matrix didn't fit inside Ultra Magnus so Prime HAD to come back.

Tonight's movie is the noir tour de force that is Frank Miller's masterpiece....Sin City. This movie is based on some of the greatest graphic novels ever written. If you have not yet been exposed to Sin City or the works of Frank Miller, go out and do so now.

Everything the man has written or drawn is pure gold. From Daredevil in the 70's and 80's to the brilliant Dark Knight Returns in 1986 which is by the way, the best Batman story ever told...to Sin City and 300 in the 90's and currently All Star Batman and Robin...written by Frank and drawn by the master Jim Lee. Miller has done hundreds of books besides the few i listed above but the ones i mentioned have had the most impact on me.

One to the movie...

An old man dies, a little girl lives...

that's fair, right?

No comments: